Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Catching Up...

Sorry that I’ve been out of touch for a few days, but I needed some downtime between finishing the old job and beginning the new job.

On Saturday I had a CES long run and it was long with a capital L-O-N-G. Worse, it was hot with a capital H-O-T. Crazy hot. Extreme heat warning hot. Stay in the air conditioning hot. You get my point. Well, we ran 10 miles in that heat and by run I mean, I walked two minutes/ran four minutes for nine miles and then walked one mile to complete the "run." I didn’t feel too bad about my sad finish though. The heat was bad news.

I started my new job on Monday. So far, it’s going well. I’m very happy with the department I’m in. Everyone is super laid back as evident by the “official business hours" of 8:30-4:30. Nice. This was one of my key requirements when looking for a new position. I wanted a job that wouldn't be my life, that didn't drain me emotionally and didn’t require me to be working even when I have no work to do. With my extra “life” time, I’m hoping it will spur me to develop some of my non-work hobbies. Right now, I’m considering taking a writing class in the fall.

So that’s the news for now. Tomorrow is a hill repeat workout with CES. I’m not looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»