Monday, September 11, 2006

I Can't Even See the Wagon

August was a rocky month. The first week of September wasn't pretty either. It’s understandable that getting to the gym has not been a priority, right? Right. It makes me feel better if I come up with good excuses.

After several weeks sans working out (with the exception of a few visits to the trainers where I was forced to own up to my lack of willpower and motivation) I’m trying hard to recommit. Remember when I proudly announced that I had lost 10 pounds right before the half marathon? Well, I’ll spare you an analysis of my emotional eating habits, but let’s just put it this way… if there was a competitive weight gaining sport, I would be a professional athlete.

Point being, it’s become painfully apparent that if I keep gaining weight at this rate, I will probably weigh well over 200 pounds this time next year. So this morning, I made it to my new gym for the first time and ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes, which was more difficult that I expected. It’s amazing how my body forgets the months and months of working out and training after only a few weeks of slacking.

But all in all, it was good to get back into the gym. You know self-esteem and all that crap.

No comments: