Monday, September 25, 2006

Loserville Population: Me

And you thought it was bad when I went out drinking! Ha! Left to my own devices, there’s no telling what can happen.

Truth be told... I had very little going on this weekend. After finishing a hardcore cardio kick boxing workout on Friday evening, I curled up on the couch with some hummus and pita bread and watched Lost in Translation (good) and Friends with Money (depressing and abruptly ends).

On Saturday, I did my civic duty and volunteered to stand outside a grocery store in crappy weather asking people to register to vote (I got eight people to register. Honestly, most people are so turned off to any strangers speaking to them in public, I might as well have been asking them if they wanted to help me kill a puppy).

Then, in a moment of weakness, which I planned for approximately 45 minutes, I ordered Chinese food and spent some quality time on my couch with my TiVo. Of course, by 11pm, I was already in bed. How restful was my Saturday night? It wasn’t. I stayed up until 3:30am and finished the book Prep, which really served not only to rob me of sleep, but also to depress me.

Prep is about a middle class, midwestern high school girl who is accepted and offered a scholarship to a prep school on the East coast. I can’t say I loved the book, but it certainly sucked me in and evoked strong emotions (severe depression). If you've got some time, it's a quick, "can't-put-it-down" read and you'll definitely have something to say about it! I'm discussing next week with my book club. It should be interesting to hear what others have to say about it.

No comments: