Friday, October 20, 2006

Turns Out I'm Not Crazy (Who Would Have Guessed?)

Deep thoughts today people. I went to the gym at lunch time and even though I’m still in pain from Wednesday’s workout with the trainer, I decided it was in my best interest to do an easy 30 minute jog on the treadmill. Might be time to take it outside again and start training for another half marathon. I’m still deciding…

After I was done with my workout, I took a long shower, which isn’t something I generally do at the gym. But I stood in the shower and thought... about how things never really turn out to be the way you think they will. I thought about Mr. Shankerchop, my crush (though I’m past obsessing, I’m not past analyzing his character). He told me the other day that he was, "done with dating." I think I rolled my eyes at him and said, "OK. Whatever."

When asked what we’re looking for in a boyfriend or girlfriend, we all have a laundry list of things: funny, stable, educated, good job, ambitious, laid back... you get my point. Shankerchop has this list and more. There’s no way I would ever live up to the kind of woman he thinks is right for him. I’m not sure any woman could live up to his "standards" and even if one did and he could check off all of the traits he is hoping for, there’s still a chance that he won’t like that person... you know... as a person.

The moral of the story is, things never turn out the way you expect.

Right.

I mentioned in a recent post, that I was emailing back and forth with to two potential "normal dudes" via Match.com. One of them has finally asked me to actually go on a date. This is after more than a week of emailing, during which time he deemed me to be, among other things, mentally stable, insightful, and curious. Not sure how he came up with all that, but I'll take it. We're discussing sushi on Sunday. We’ll see, but it sounds promising.

I had a thought recently and I'd like to share it with you. About a week ago a friend asked me if I actually liked to run. I thought about it and came up with this: Running is like sushi. When it’s good, it’s really, really good and when it’s bad, it can make you sick.

Ha!

No comments: