Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Can't Handle It

I couldn’t handle it. I couldn’t handle just eating like a normal person. I don't think I know how. Sure, I managed to eat what I wanted during Thanksgiving, which by the way, was lovely. Of course, “eating like a normal person” over a holiday that revolves around food is easier said than done. By the time I found my way back to Chicago, I felt like I had gained 100 pounds (despite the fact that I managed to stay committed to my running schedule).

Unable to cope with the idea that I could just “eat right” without a plan to follow, I picked up a book that I bought about a year ago when I was going through my “I think I want to become a dietitian” phase and was reading up on different diets just for the heck of it.

I choose the Abs Diet for a few reasons, first and foremost because it is imperative that I start eating more protein (if I eat pita bread for dinner one more time…). Second, the Abs Diet provides more of a set of guidelines of what you should eat more of rather than outlining exactly what you can and cannot eat.

So I’ll give it a shot. Given my track record, it’s unlikely that I’ll be able to stick to it, but I think if I can just start to vary my diet a little and add in some much needed protein, I’ll at least be better off. It would be nice to head back to Ohio for Christmas a few pounds lighter.

No comments: