Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Let There Be Light

Update on the light in my bathroom: Last night, I rushed home after work and called Oz around 6pm to see if he could come over and screw in a new light bulb. No answer. I’m sure that after publishing our earlier exchange this shocks you about as much as it shocked me. Oz, it turns out, is unreliable.

Luckily, my ex-boyfriend came over last night to drop off a box of my stuff left behind in the move. When he came over, I told him about my conversation with Oz and how he hadn’t bothered to return my phone call. Then I gave my ex, who is about 6’1”, my sad eyes. "I think you could probably reach the light fixture if you stood on a chair. Would you put a new light bulb in for me?" He wasn’t pleased, and I was forced to endure his noises of exasperation, but he did it.

Problem solved. And, even though my bold move to ask the ex to fix it might be considered co-dependence, I look at it this way... I may not have a boyfriend, but I have an ex-boyfriend... I also have a cute, tall male living one floor below me (I totally could have asked him)... and if in the future all contingency plans fail and Oz is still no where to be found, I have a job and I can pay a man to come fix stuff. Take that Oz.

Oz: 0
Single women who need broken stuff fixed: 1

And you thought feminism was dead.

No comments: