Thursday, January 04, 2007

It's Like Smoking

I know no one believes me, but I do actually get work done during the day. However, I was just chatting with Keni on Gmail. You can read her blog, which also talks about her running journey, at www.kendrabosse.com/journal. She's good people.

Anyway, I thought I would post the following string from our electronic conversation:

4:34 PM
keni
: I ran today. I haven't since Saturday - but I'm still alive!
4:38 PM
me
: how did it go?
keni: It went pretty well. I did Day 2 of Week 5, which is 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run
me: that's good!
4:39 PM
keni: I got tired toward the end of the second 8 mins, but I made it through. I'll probably do this day one more time before attempting the 20 mins straight
me: you'll be fine.
and eventually you'll like it
it's like smoking... remember when you started smoking? and it was totally gross at first, but you kept doing it anyway and eventually you were addicted?
same thing
4:40 PM
keni: hahaha. maybe this will make me skinny like smoking did
me: i wish something would make me skinny
:(

True Story.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Here's to me getting addicted to something good for a change - CHEERS!