Monday, February 05, 2007

It's What's for Dinner

A co-worker shared this recipe with me and I thought I would pass it along to my readers as I know many of you are often searching for good, healthy, quick and easy recipes. I found that this one, with a little bit of modification, fits the bill. Also, for those of us who are single, the leftovers are a good lunch option if you're a "brown bagger" (it's really more like a "plastic grocery bagger") like me.

Southwest Fettuccine Bowl

Here are my modifications:
  • Swap the fettuccine for whole wheat pasta. I used spaghetti. (I subsequently renamed the recipe "Southwest Pasta Bowl" in my head.)
  • I used 2 tsp olive oil instead of cooking spray (never hurts to get a little “good” fat)
  • I considered adding spinach, but didn’t. I think that might be good though; maybe I’ll do that next time.
Enjoy!

No comments: