Thursday, February 08, 2007

My Latest Obsession

On Tuesday, my co-worker and I decided that the crappy weather was a good enough reason to share a cab to our neighborhood. During the cab ride I told her a story:

Me: Do you want to hear a story?
Her: [Side glances]
Me: [Can hardly contain my excitement] It’s about a Go Lean bar.
Her: You tend to become very fixated on things.

Let’s stop here.

She’s right. I do have a tendency to become fixated. Right now, I’m, let’s say "kind of," obsessed with Go Lean bars, which I suppose is, again "kind of," strange.

Why Go Lean bars? Is because the cold has forced me to take shelter in my one-bedroom apartment causing me to neglect any semblance of a social life I once had only leaving to replenish supplies crucial to my survival in sub-zero temperatures... supplies, like say... Go Lean bars? Or is it because I don’t have a current love interest, much less a crush or a recent hook up to take up the precious, but so little, space my brain has to devote to drama? And so, I think about how much I love Go Lean bars instead? Your theories are compelling...

Honestly, I don’t know what got me so hooked on these scrumptious little bars of peanut and chocolate heaven that I am reduced to blogging about them. But, if you have not tried these, let me tell you why you simply must:

  1. They are awesome.
  2. They have about the same amount of calories and fat as a granola bar, but are so much more satisfying (and bigger).
  3. They have chocolate… and it’s not waxy, nasty chocolate like other high-protein, high-fiber energy bars.
  4. They satisfy the need for salty and sweet and can take the place of that pint of Ben and Jerry’s.
  5. They are a great mid-day pick-me-up or pre-workout snack.
  6. They are awesome.
I’m not generally one to give up blog space for a testimonial about a product, but these are good. And no one is paying me to say these things... though if someone wants to, I’m open to discussion about compensation. Of course, that would compromise the journalistic integrity of my blog.

3 comments:

@ said...

superiority of go lean bars aside... you may have a problem.

@ said...

this is truly the post you were always meant to write.

Lou said...

Destiny fulfilled. I can rest now.