Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Saga Continues...

I'll be the first to admit that the last two episodes of Grey's Anatomy went a little overboard in the name of the almighty sweeps week (blame advertising). This week, the three-week long saga finally comes to its, as the promos portend, "devastating conclusion." I think I heard that. Maybe I made it up. Whatever.

So, if you missed out on the last few weeks of Grey’s, let me bring you up to speed. The exclamation marks are used to convey the level of excitement, suspense, fear, and shock the episodes were desperately aiming for…

Major catastrophe involving a ferryboat! Countless causalities and injuries! Interns sent into the field! Crazy little girl follows Meredith around (man, she drove me nuts)! Izzie drills holes into some guy’s head and saves him! Large man accidentally knocks Meredith into the water and doesn’t notice! The only person who does notice is the strange little girl who won’t speak, so she just walks away (which lead to my calling her a "dumbass")! Strange little girl finally leads McDreamy to the water! He saves Meredith or at least, he tries! Meredith is rushed to the hospital where the doctors try to save her! Izzie makes a speech to the other interns that Meredith will survive and George made a huge mistake marrying Callie (which lead to my calling her a "bitch")! Tears all around! Meredith suddenly wakes up in a room with Denny Duckette and the hot guy who died in the bomb episode! This leaves us with one burning question: Is Meredith really dead?!?!?!?!?!

Immediately followed by a second burning question: If she is dead, what happens to the show?

Friend and fellow Grey’s fan, gkl, sent me this interesting news item that could possibly point to some answers:

ABC to pilot "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off: WSJ

My thoughts on killing the title character, canceling Grey's, and pursing a spinoff?

Never going to happen. Guess we'll find out on Thursday.

No comments: