Friday, February 16, 2007

Well-laid Plans

Last night, I bought Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping (photo credit: Kraft Foods). And I had a plan:

Step 1: Let my trainer kick my ass for an hour after work.
Step 2: Run to the grocery store and buy Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping and Muir Glen Tomato and Basil pasta sauce.
Step 3: Go home.
Step 4: Make spaghetti.
Step 5: Top spaghetti with pasta sauce and Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping.
Step 6: Enjoy spaghetti topped with pasta sauce and Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping while watching the latest Tivo-ed episode of Ugly Betty.

It was a well-laid plan, derailed only by my overwhelming hunger. By the time I got home from the grocery store, it was almost 9pm and I was starving. I ate whatever was readily available, which was, unfortunately, Amy's Pizza Snacks and hummus and pita bread. Nice combo!

So tonight, after I get home from the gym, I'm going to try to repeat the plan steps 3-6. Well, except that I'll be watching The Secret DVD instead.

I know what you're thinking, "Lou... what's the deal with the Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping?"

Well, spaghetti with sauce and the little flakes of Kraft Parmesan Cheese from a plastic container really takes me back. It's comfort food... something my mom used to make for dinner (and she didn't make much -- sorry mom, but we both know I've already written and entire 10-page essay about how you didn't cook). I buy the Reduced Fat version because, in my opinion, it tastes pretty much the same. Might as well save the calories. And the name of the product makes me laugh... Parmesan Style Grated Topping... not Grated Parmesan Cheese... because who knows what they put in there to get rid of some calories and fat.

I know what you're thinking, "Lou... you're one crazy chick who was obviously short on blog topics today!"

True that.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Your writing makes me laugh, but in a good way.

And I don't know what they put in all those reduced fat products. It's better that way.

Jen said...

Lou!

It's Jenny. Finally got around to checking out this blog. I always knew you were a cynical bitch but am quite impressed with your witty writing! Loving it!

Anyways, my invitation to Does This Make Me Look Fat? expired b/c I never check my Gmail. Can you send it to me again and I'll be sure to check for it.

Come visit us in NYC!!!