Friday, June 08, 2007

Are We Moving Yet?

Standing in line at Subway, I noticed an older, suited man in front of me. He looked like one of those guys who probably has the words "Vice," "Worldwide," or "Operations" in his title; maybe he is the head of some global corporation's Worldwide Vice Operations (which sounds like something I'd like to be a part of...).

Anyway, when he turned around, I saw that the Director of Vice was wearing eyeliner. At least it sure looked like he was wearing eyeliner. It was obvious enough for me to do double take and think, is that guy wearing eyeliner?

Which makes me wonder... why don’t men wear makeup? Maybe if they did they would be as pretty as women. I’m not talking about tranning out the male population, but a little foundation to even out the skin tone, some bronzer to highlight cheekbones, some mascara, perhaps...

Speaking of...

I had a not-so-interesting, somewhat circular conversation with my trainer, TR, and my workout buddy, G, last night that went something like this:

TR: Alright team [TR refers to us as a "team" even though we have no name – though admittedly we’ve kicked around a few ideas – no mascot, and no colors]. We’re going to do the Pleasant Prairie sprint triathlon in August.

Lou [contemplating]: I have always wanted to do a triathlon…

[Note: "Always" means "since last spring" when I was deciding between training for the Distance Classic and training for a triathlon.]

G: I can’t. I won’t have time to train until July.

Lou: Well, I’m not doing it unless G does it.

TR [mocking me]: Well, I’m not doing it unless Lou does it.

Lou: Well, then you better talk to G…

[Note: In his head, TR is already halfway to Pleasant Prairie; the last four or five statements, despite the fact that he responded, didn't even register on his radar.]

TR : We’ll train at Ohio Street beach on Saturday afternoons. You’ll love it. You can stare at all the shirtless boys.

Lou: I do like to stare at the shirtless boys...

Sigh.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

I would not let the shirtless boys distract you from the fact that you will likely be working your ass off in the summer afternoon sun. Just a friendly PSA.

Katzwinkel said...

What about shirtless boys all tarted up like refugees from a Maybelline Testing Facility?

Lou said...

Those are my favorite.

SP said...

I believe it's called "guyliner", Lou.