Monday, September 10, 2007

Something Found

Sometimes she doesn’t make any sense, she thought as she realized that she was thinking in the third person.

I spent the day shifting in and out of my head listening to my thoughts spiral out of control and directly downward. I wandered in and out of my office to analyze teeny, tiny details as they crossed my mind with @ -- friend/therapist/bro extraordinaire. She deserves a medal for days like these.

After work I met Meg, in the rain for an approximately 40 minute run. We were both reeling from our days – for very different reasons – and we booked it around the neighborhood chatting incessantly about our respective… um… stuff.

This was what I needed. The grey sky and the cold drizzle. I never thought that running in this weather could be so fantastic, but it was.

Thinking clearly for the first time in at least two and a half days (finally!), I found my passport, pulled my suitcase from the closest, did all of my laundry, and heard from MM. Maybe it’s time I get out of my head.

I love running. Sometimes I still can’t believe that this was the thing that was missing.

1 comment:

L Sass said...

Argh--sounds like a trip out of town is definitely in order to clear your head!