Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Art and Science

I just put my head on my desk at work and said, “My head feels tingly.”

@ responded: I think you’ve eaten more sugar today than you have in the last four months. You need some whole grains… stat.

I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry’s for dinner last night. I didn’t even pretend like I was going to downplay the damage when I passed over the low-fat version of cookie dough for Chubby Hubby, the ultimate in fatty ice cream.

I figured, at this point, if you’re gonna go, you might as well go big.

This, my friends, is how I cope.

@ and I went to Trader Joe’s and decided, without weighing the pros and cons, that we needed to buy a bag of peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. It was a non-negotiable.

Coping is causing me to crash… into a wall… made entirely of sugar.

Three cookies later…

This is a new downward spiral for me.

My advice: Never run a marathon.

In other news… I told the boy on the side that it was time for me to stop seeing other people. I never really understood AG, or his interest in me. I suppose email can potentially lead to passive interactions with someone. Despite the fact that he had my phone number, he never picked up the phone to ask me out. Email gave me the option of bidding my time, of canceling more easily, of coming up with excuses wrapped in witty, well thought out responses. Maybe, if he had called, if he had actively pursued me and been clear about his interest, my decision to cut things off would have been more difficult.

So there you have it. One down, one to go.

1 comment:

L Sass said...

See ya, boy on the side! Sometimes it's just not meant to be, right?

I have been waking up in the morning with hunger pains. It's kind of a weird sensation... you'd think the hunger would get better, not worse, during the taper.