Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Impulsing

I don’t like to shop. Never have. The process, the patience, the ability to find something cute on sale in my size… all of these skills elude me, and – in my old age – I have come to accept myself as not a shopper, not stylish, and really not too terribly concerned with fashion. Shopping just doesn’t do “it” for me.

But you know what does do “it” for me? Spending a boatload of cash in a very short amount of time.

Now depending on your situation, “boatload” probably means something different to you than it does me. I’m talking $100-$200 every couple months on some random, I-just-decided-that-I-can’t-live-without-this purchase.

Today that purchase was black knee-high boots… and a sweater… and a skirt… and some tights… and a Trader Joe’s frozen enchilada… and some pretzels.

I spent – in total – $178.78 in all of 45 minutes simply because I needed to. I can’t explain it; I can’t justify it. I just needed it.

I feel better now. And, I have a cute new outfit… and lunch.

Now that I've confessed my sins via the Internets, I can move on. Retail therapy for real.

3 comments:

L Sass said...

Knee high boots and an enchilada? Sounds like a recipe for happiness to me!

Will said...

Shouldn't we be able to confess our sins over the internet. There probably is an internet confessional, although I am to lazy to look it up. (sloth is one of seven, isn't it...)

@ said...

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/