Saturday, November 10, 2007

More or Less

Lou is embarrassed to admit that she downloaded Britney Spears' single, "Gimme More."

The journey that ended with me pressing the button that said "Buy Now" at the iTunes store began with a ride in the Zipcar.

I'm not really one for driving. I don't likes it much. But, once in a while, taking a trip in the Zipcar to Target to buy stuff makes me feel like a normal person who lives in a place where she can just pick up and drive to Target and buy stuff whenever the fancy strikes her.

Dogs get excited about their once-in-a-blue-moon car rides. So do I.

My favorite thing to do in the Zipcar is to listen to B96, a radio station that makes me decidedly un-hipster-like, and wait for songs like "Soulja boy" to come on so I can car dance.* It's a treat for me. Simple things.

Anyway, because I am lame and old and no longer watch MTV, I hadn't actually heard Britney's new song, "Gimme More." I heard it on the way to Target. And, on the way back. And I fell in L-O-V-E.

Oops, Britney, you did it again (admittedly, I only actually own Toxic and Gimme More).

I downloaded it and danced around my apartment… for the next three days.

*Whatever. You car dance too. You might try to hide it. But you're doing it. You're doing it right now. Right now you're driving, dancing, and reading this blog on your Blackberry.

1 comment:

L Sass said...

I miss car singing and dancing... in fact, it's probably the only thing I miss about car ownership!