Sunday, November 18, 2007

Projecting

Lou is not responsible for her actions.

Two days and counting. Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday morning (at 6:15am no less), MM and I get on an Ohio-bound plane for Thanksgiving. He’s going to meet my mom, my grandma, my sister, my sister’s boyfriend, my mom’s fiancé, my mom’s fiancé’s daughter, my mom’s fiancé’s daughter’s husband, and my mom’s fiancé’s daughter’s husband’s son.

Whew.

Part of me feels like I should be scared. I actually warned him last week that I may freak out at some point – say or do something, I don’t know, crazy or something. But, so far, so good. I think we’re going to make it to the plane sans a Lou meltdown.

The truth is, I’m excited. I can’t wait for him to meet my mom and my sister, as well as my sister’s (slightly crazy) boyfriend – who, by the way, keeps asking if MM likes energy drinks (long story). I think they will get along. I hope they will get along.

Anyway, I know this is kind of a lame-ass post, but I haven’t brought a new person home in years. Everyone I’ve dated seriously in the last few years was in some way recycled or re-purposed… MM is the first brand, spanking new boyfriend since… well, probably since I was 23.

So. Two days.

Deep breath.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Re-purposed. I love that. From my remote location, I find MM to be fantastic. Your mom will too. :-)

L Sass said...

I think it's going to be great!! In a way, big family gatherings are easier to introduce a new sig oth to the mix. You end up telling the same superficial story about yourself to each relative, instead of getting grilled in depth by one parent. Plus, you can always resort to "Gee I love turkey!" if you're strapped for conversation.