Ah yes. The little things.
Last weekend wore me out. It was @’s birthday and beyond action-packed. The itinerary:
- Friday night: Happy hour with tapas and sangria
- Saturday morning: Kick off of winter half marathon training season
- Saturday afternoon: Visit with UndergroundChi and her sister, my ol’ college roommate who came in from Wisconsin for a wedding.
- Saturday night: @’s birthday party
- Sunday morning: 5K. What the #%$@#? Who decided this was a good idea? Talk about the beginning and subsequent end of my “drunk and running” career. I posted my worst 5K time ever and nearly puked at the finish line. Good times.
- Sunday later morning: Brunch. Still hungover.
- Sunday afternoon: Football game. Still hungover
- Sunday later afternoon: Celebrate (mourn?) another loss at the neighborhood bar. I figure a couple of vodka tonics will take the edge off. Two things: 1) I believe this is how alcoholics are born, and 2) I was wrong. Still hungover.