Monday, April 07, 2008

Better All the Time

Yesterday, Meg and I ran nine miles. It wasn’t bad. It wasn’t the greatest, but after a long winter of spotty (shitty) training, it was good enough. Sometimes I forget that nine miles is far, and shouldn't necessarily be easy. And, thank God, this puts us back on track for the Flying Pig Half Marathon, which is in exactly 26 days according to the blast email that was sitting in my inbox today. So…

Anyway.

Mark your calendars, people. That’s May 4. Seriously: Lou Runs the Flying Pig Half Marathon. It’s important. Write it down.

I am super excited for the trip to Cincinnati, mostly because my mom and her fiancé are driving down to hang out. We are planning a big dinner (somewhere?) the night before the race, which will include everyone we know in a 50 mile radius: my mom, her fiancé, his daughter, her husband, Meg, a friend of Meg’s who lives in Cincinnati, MM, three of his friends, and hopefully our Summer ’07 CES running friend Lindy, her two adorable little girls, and her husband (Lindy, I’m calling you out via blog!).

As you can tell, we’ve taken a decidedly “the more, the merrier” approach to the trip.

And, the best part is that my mom will have an audience with multiple cops and a social worker, which will provide her with ample opportunities to rehash her much loved “when I was a parole officer” stories. It's going to be awe-some.

3 comments:

L Sass said...

Yay, half-marathon!! It is going to be great!

Kendra said...

Yay for Cincy in the spring/summer instead of the crappy winter when I usually visit!

heidikins said...

Noted. You're gonna do awesome.

xox