Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Getting Schooled

Man, the Internet is full of useful stuff. I learn new things every day. Like how to count backwards, beginning with 26.

I mentioned this yesterday on Reading Cookbooks, but for the last three days I have been getting emails from the Flying Pig race organizers in Cincinnati:

26 Days until Flying Pig Marathon Weekend!
26 Days until Flying Pig Marathon Weekend!

For some reason, I was still shocked when I logged on to my email this morning and saw this:

24 Days until Flying Pig Marathon Weekend!

Seriously? Do we really need to do this… every day? I mean, how much could you possibly have to tell me? Show up, hydrate, good luck, if you get lost, keep an eye out for a couple thousand other runners…

I mean, once a week, fine, but daily?

More running stuff coming at ya…

I was poking around on this Web site today, and I must say I’m very intrigued. From the Web site:
ChiRunning combines the inner focus and flow of T'ai Chi with the power and energy of running to create a revolutionary running form and philosophy that takes the pounding, pain, and potential damage out of the sport of running. The ChiRunning program increases mental clarity and focus, enhances the joy of running, and turns running into a safe and effective lifelong program for health, fitness, and well-being.
While MM and I were roaming around a Borders this past weekend, and I happened to see the book of the same name. I went so far as to point it out to MM because of his passing interest in Tai Chi, but didn’t even bother to pick it up and page through it!

Now, because I’m a sucker for this kind of a crap and a bit of a book whore, I may have to go buy it.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

You buy a lot of books. Shouldn't you have a library card? IJS