Friday, September 05, 2008

On The Horizon

I know. I suck. I’m lazy. Whatever.

My head just doesn’t seem to want to work correctly these days. So, if I’m a regular reader of your blog, chances are you haven’t heard from me in a week or so via the comments section. If you have, it’s probably been something lame-o like, “Congrats,” or “I think you’re doing just swell,” because I haven’t had the mental wherewithal to craft one of my notoriously long, yet witty and insightful comments on stuff you had to say. Don’t worry, I know who you are, and I’ll come back ‘round to them after our regularly scheduled crazy.

I’ve decided to blame the RNC, and the backasswardness that was at first amusing, but then caused numbing of the mind. Thank God that’s over. Now, can we all start bitching about everything and just go vote for the Democrats and be done with the madness? I know; I just pissed off at least two of my five readers. It’s OK. We can still be friends.

Or maybe it’s that fall seems to have arrived, quickly, and with very little fanfare. Summer was just kind of like “see ya” and suddenly there are brown and orange leaves on the ground and I’m wearing a sweater.

I’m at peace with the seasons changing. Despite the rampant onset of season affective disorder, I am looking forward to the cooler weather. I think it’s primarily because I just want to get on with a few things all ready, like the marathon, and the season o’ glorious business travel that lies ahead, and… well… hmmmm…. there must be AT LEAST ONE OTHER THING THAT SHOULD HAPPEN THIS FALL.

I feel a little nuts right now.

Hey guys?!?!?! Guess what? Tomorrow is our 18 mile training run. Maybe this year will be better than the last.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Ah yes, the 18-mile run. I remember it clearly: http://www.extrapounds.com/blog/marathonbound/comments.php?id=214597

Good luck to you, I'm sure you will have a great run, you're doing a great job.

Me, on the other hand....

Roisin said...

1. I'm glad we can still be friends ;)

2. Keep those fingers crossed tomorrow because I'll be right there with ya!!!

Lindy said...

a-HA...i was wondering who she was talking about...and now it (the hat) all makes sense. ;) kidding!