Saturday, September 20, 2008

Reality Bites

Do you realize that this time last year I was in Europe nursing a bum knee?

Maybe this whole 20 mile thing is getting to me a bit more than I'd like to consciously admit.

Last night, in my dream, I didn't make it to the group run, and for some reason, I kept needing to do "something else" before I actually get started. First, it was that I didn't have my socks on. Then I forgot my iPod. Then my socks started sagging in my shoes, so I needed new ones. And so on. I never actually started running, though granted, perhaps if my mom hadn't called and woken me up at 8am, I would have eventually made it to the lakefront path.

Not to mention that on Friday morning -- my vacation day -- I woke up feeling like crap. My throat was sore, my head hurt, I was exhausted. I was very clearly teetering on the edge of illness. So, I leaped into panic mode: Emergen-C, ZICAM, echinacea, and Zyrtec just in case it was "allergies." And I slept for more than four hours in the middle of the day. I woke up feeling much better today, but still have a... little something... in my throat, when I swallow I can feel it. So I'm still dosing myself with the remedies, hoping I will be 100% for tomorrow's run.

No comments: