Monday, April 20, 2009

Word on the Street Is

Every time I post to this blog, I’m all, “So I have some news…” My life is basically one news item after another. Exciting stuff that is.

Right… um… so I have some news. Following in the footsteps of Lindy and CR and others I’m sure, after much consideration, I accepted the offer to pace lead the 12 minute per mile half marathon training group this summer for Chicago Endurance Sports. Only the whole thing was less me “accepting” and more me “begging” as if I don’t have enough to do with myself this summer.

Truly I’ve wanted to be a pace leader for awhile now. I feel pretty comfortable with the half marathon distance at this point and even on a bad day, I can *fingers crossed* phone in 10 miles or less. Ok so that’s only true some of the time, but I trust my body with 13 miles. I know, for the most part, what’s going to happen, good, bad, ugly, or otherwise. The marathon distance, not so much. And, rumor has it, I’m chatty, which is a quality people like in a pace leader, supposedly. I’m hoping I have some newbies so I can be all inspirational on their asses.

Speaking of half marathons, the weather has finally, sort of, warmed up (sometimes) and Meg and I managed to settle nicely into the longest training runs for the upcoming Indy Mini Marathon. Last weekend's 10 mile run, as well as Saturday’s 11 mile run, were solid bordering on phenomenal, so we’re as ready as we’ll ever be. Here’s to hoping for good weather, a good run, and a good meal with friends and family (my sister and the infamous Lars are coming!). Our final long run is a cut back, 8 miles, this weekend and then it’s off to (hopefully) sunny and (at least sort of) warm Indianapolis.

5 comments:

Roisin said...

Good luck in Indy!!! I'm signing up for the CES half program because I'm moving in June or July and it would kinda be a waste of money for me to sign up for the full program. But that means we get to hang out this summer!!! Yay!!!

Lindy said...

Wait, so you're not doing the full marathon training? :(

I am so excited about Indy, though I feel like I just barely snuck in my training, I'm not nearly as prepared as you and Meg. Oh well, come Rock n Roll we can all kick @$$ together.

We're gonna have fun this summer!

heidikins said...

Yay! That is so exciting!

Also, reading this makes me desperately wish I could run a half...can I download you as a pace leader?

xox

Kendra said...

Yay for running! You did some pretty quick training for this half and it sounds like you are doing great. Have a great race!

Lindy said...

:( no Indy race report?