Sunday, May 31, 2009

Real Time

After a week off of work, which sounds awesome, and on one hand was ('cause you know, I didn't have to go to work), but really was kind of stressful and depressing for a variety of reasons. MM and I wasted a few days fighting over my general laziness and bad attitude about various crap; we spent one entire day driving out to a far suburb to attend a wake (I did not know this person); and sadly, we ended up at an animal hospital late at night where a family member-to-be put down their very sick cat. It was just... life... stuff. Not the most funnest vacation ever. And you know what life and stuff and general bad attitude-ness leads to... poor eating habits.

But it is a new week. New attitude. Clean slate. Let's make dinner! But, let's make it quickly.


Lately, I have been searching through the Cooking Light Superfast recipes because--from my research--these meals live up to the promise. I don't even think this took me 20 minutes to make, and if you have a decently stocked pantry, you'll probably only need to buy the chicken. And, take it from someone who doesn't like chicken (me) and someone who considers himself a connoisseur of... well... food (MM), this recipe is AH-mazing. Simple, easy, quick, and awesome. It's a keeper.

5 comments:

Roisin said...

...and now I'm hungry. Thanks.

Kendra said...

I haven't tried this one. It sounds very yummy!

Lindy said...

is that a rice cooker in the background of your picture? I love my rice cooker, and it sure looks just like mine. (if it isn't, nevermind....carry on.)

Lou said...

Yep. It's a rice cooker. It's a handy little appliance, and I highly recommend owning one.

Molly said...

That...looks...so...good! Also I LOVE my rice cooker. Especially because I am congenitally unable to make rice not using a rice cooker. Heh. Congenitally.