Saturday, July 18, 2009

Somebody Told Me

I know I suck. I haven't blogged in forever... long enough for the people who only think to click on some random link titled "Lou's Blog" in their Bookmarks once every two or so months to start asking questions.

Are you dead?

Hardly.

I was just waiting until I had news. Real news. Good news. Brace yourselves.

I fit into my smaller sized jeans.

Collective gasp.

The truth is they've *kind of* fit for awhile (such is the plight of she who loses weight at a snail's pace), if by "fit" you mean, fits as long as I haven't had anything to eat in the last 48 hours. Not that that ever happens. The truth is, I would wear them once in a while, always with a baggy shirt, knowing that if I had a meal, or a drink, or sat down, they would eventually become terribly uncomfortable and I would have to... I know I shouldn't even admit this... unbutton the top button.

The horror. The horror.

But today I put them on, zipped them right up, put on a cute, fitted t-shirt, ate some Indian food, and continued to wear them sans pain and suffering. That's how God intended us to wear jeans.

In short, I'm awesome. Not totally awesome because I still have an even smaller pair of jeans in the closest waiting for their return, but it's a start. And it's about time.

Oh I know... there's so much else to catch up on. But, perhaps this was the break through I needed--inspiration in the form of jeans, one size smaller. Isn't it amazing how something so insignificant can make a gal stand a little taller, walk with a little more confidence, feel a little more inspired, and have, if just ever so slightly, a better outlook on life?

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Congrats! That is great news! You should reward yourself with new shoes, because who doesn't love new shoes?

Lindy said...

Fitting into old jeans is a spectacular event worth celebrating. Hooray!!! Pizza for everyone! (Kidding.)