Thursday, December 03, 2009

The Big Coat

Well, the other shoe dropped. It’s officially ass cold and snowing outside, and this morning, I broke out the big coat.

Maybe you live in a more temperate and you don’t have a “big coat,” or perhaps you don’t even understand the difference between a big coat and that cute pea coat you wear when it’s “cold” in… oh I don’t know… south of the Mason-Dixon line.

This is the big coat:


If you live in Chicago, you own this coat. It’s practically mandated that you buy one when you move here.

Flattering too, isn't it? Doesn't make you look at all like this:

4 comments:

Kendra said...

I thought my cute little red pea coat was my big coat. I also have a 3/4 length wool coat for when I'm dressed up. Does that count?

Lou said...

That does not count.

Nikkie said...

You broke out the big coat for today? I was wearing my fall jacket. The big coat doesn't make an appearance until it gets into the teens. I wonder if something is wrong with me...

Roisin said...

I have the "cute pea coat" for when it's "cold" and then I have the official United States Navy pea coat for when it really is cold.