Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We interrupt this vacation...

MM and I are gearing up for the last day of our babymoon, which we've spent alternating between two activities: eating and relaxing. So tonight after several nights of uninterrupted sleep in extremely comfortable beds, I woke at 3am. No, I didn't need to pee...

Not one, but two of my friends gave birth today. For the record, both were early, so... yeah... Way to wait until I leave town, right? But seriously, everyone is healthy and happy and the babies are beautiful and I could not be more excited for everyone.

But really seriously, holy shit. I am going to have to stop telling people that "all" my friends are pregnant because it's not true anymore (ok, it technically wasn't true ever, but a lot of my friends were pregnant as of 24 hours ago, now just some of my friends are pregnant). I mean, we all knew this was coming. It's the inevitable end to pregnancy. I just can't believe it all happened so fast. Two of my pregnant friends are now non-pregnant new moms and there are two new people in the world. It's mind boggling in a way that is all duh and whoa at the same time.

I'm rambling, which is maybe normal for the 26-week pregnant woman who's blogging at 3am from a bed at a spa in the middle of almost nowhere, Texas (really 30 minutes outside of downtown Austin). More on our trip to come...

1 comment:

Jadzia@Toddlerisms said...

The spa, the spa! The baby moon is SUCH a wonderful idea. Sadly, I only got "precious vessel" treatment on the first baby, and even then .... not precious enough to get a fabulous getaway. What wonderful memories you're creating!