Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hello World

I’ve been posting a lot about me and how having Emme has affected my life. While I think a blog is a perfect outlet for all of the crazy feelings that come with new mommyhood, I realize I haven’t written much about what Em has been experiencing over her nearly 11 weeks of life. So I'll start doing that.

Baby About Town.
But first, this happened:

My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy late on Thursday night after a very LONG labor. His name is Cliff. My mom says he’s an old soul.

In some ways, my little sister having a baby is even more surreal than me having a baby. I’m not sure I can adequetely explain this, but in my mind’s eye, it’s almost as though I can see the next ten years or so unfolding in fast forward -- holidays together, summers at the lake, our kids growing up with grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles. And I just kind of know that one day we’re going to look back and remember these years as the some of the best, most amazing, happiest times in our lives. It makes me feel very sentimental, and I’m going to stop talking about it now because crying makes one nose stuffy and I don’t want to have to deal with that shit.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Awwwww. Please tell your sister congrats! By the way, my girls were born in 2004 and 2005, and they have 6 cousins that are very close in age..the first of those 6 born in 2003, the last born in 2005. Having cousins so close in age has been fantastic for them AND me. Enjoy these years!

@ said...

He's gorgeous!

By the way, Frances has that same hat and I haven't been able to figure out where the bow is supposed to go. Emme seen to have nailed it.