Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lame Excuses

I haven't been posting. I am aware of this. Blame the weather--the winter that won't quit--or some major family transitions or just some general dissatisfaction with... things.

So for lack of inspiration, here's some of the things have been happening, in list form.

  • I asked my boss if I could go part time, and I wrote up a proposal that would have me working three days a week. There is no guarantee that this will happen, but I'm hopeful. I totally need to write an entire post on how I ended up here after really being ready to go back to work four months ago
  • My sister and her family move to Chicagoland TOMORROW. Chicago or bust, bitches! This is so exciting, but I know it will take some time to negotiate how in each other's business we are. My mom and her husband have also purchased a condo in the Chicagoland and will be spending more time here as well.
  • Emme is crawling. She can sit up on her own. We're having sleep wars. We're having nap wars. She's such a happy bug when she's not being my fussbutt. I'm pretty much obsessed with her because she's so f-ing cute I could die. Sometimes I cry to my husband because she's growing up so fast (and because I'm insane. I say things like, "She's going to be THREE before we know it."). I feel like this baby stage is starting to slip through my fingers. Month the seventh has been a big one, and I'm definitely going to post a "Life with Emme" update when she turns eight months next week.
  • I got back on track with my weight loss goals, then got off track again, then decided that I'm just going to get past this big week with the family coming in and the holiday this weekend and reboot on Monday, April 1.

I'm sure there's some other stuff, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. More to come!

No comments: